Monday, November 19, 2007

Evolution


Tim's ex-wife passed away last month and he quickly made arrangements to fly out to Oklahoma for the funeral. It was a more emotional, traumatic time for us than I ever dreamed it would be. WE seemed to disappear. The phone calls, the emails...condolences to Tim on his loss...they were difficult. People from Tim's past I don't even know... One person even went so far as to state she knew (his ex) was his treasure and always would be. Yes, I'm able to keep it in perspective...I understand... But, c'mon, it hurts, you know.

But regardless of how either one of us felt, he had to go. Watching him take that trip back in time was difficult. Being apart was difficult. It was a time of reflection for both of us. It was also a time of cleansing and refocus. And it was a time of great blessing.

But ZAP! our personal blogs and emails are GONE! No one was more surprised than I to pull up Tim's blog, rather, to try to pull up Tim's blog and find it gone! But it was all part of that process of refocusing who we are as a couple, and as individuals. I had quit blogging anyway, and also zapped my own blog. At this point, I feel I must apologize to our blogging friends.

In the meantime we have been blessed with grand-daughter number two. We now have a grand-daughter in Oklahoma we have to fly out to see, and a grand-daughter who will be a part of our daily lives. Two daughters in Oklahoma I've barely had a chance to know, and two daughters who have become part of Tim's daily life. So how do we balance all that?

Well, if you're interested in how we blend this all together, you have the opportunity to see first hand as we evolve, combine, and live out our path to God's glory.

3 comments:

Ame said...

LOVE the picture :)

Can't wait to meet ya'll in person someday ... I just know I will :)

Ame said...

thot you might like this:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/2007/11/guess_whats_in_the_box.html

Anonymous said...

Here you are!!! What an awesome photo and a wonderful 'fresh start'. I am thrilled to see you back!!!!