Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Friend Balloon


Katie’s friend came over yesterday evening, following our conversation about Friend Balloon. I peeked out into the living room, asking Katie “Have you seen the balloon?” “Yea”, Katie said. “Where is it?” "I just saw it when "A" walked in, it’s in the dining room somewhere." (The dining room and living room is actually a great-room divided by a sunken living room and a wrought iron railing.) As we relay the story of the balloon to her friend, we spy it coming up from behind the dining room table.

It floats up vertically from behind a chair, then crosses the room slowly in the direction of the couple on the far corner of the sectional. “That’s creepy!” is "A's" quick declaration, echoing Katie's words earlier in the evening. As we watch the balloon, it slowly crosses toward them, up to the ceiling, then floats effortlessly back and down to hover silently over the other side of the sectional as if contemplating the couple on the couch. "A" states matter-of-factly, “If it comes near me, I’m punching it!”. Katie giggles nervously and adds “If I’m left alone with it, I’m taking a knife to it.” The balloon lifts and drifts back up to the rafter, high into the cathedral ceiling separating the living room from the dining room. “I’m going back to the office”, I told them. It begins to sink down, Katie cries “Take it with you” As I reach for the balloon it drifts slightly and Katie adds “If it’ll let you catch it.”

Tooooooo much! LOL

No comments: